As we all know, the fraternity's Omega Chapter is reserved for our Alpha Brothers who have departed this life, and have transitioned to their eternal place of rest. While these brothers are gone, their memories and legacies remain with us. Let us pause briefly to remember those brothers for whom we have conducted Omega Services in 2013:
· Brother Cedric “Larry” Scruggs made his transition to the Omega Chapter on Tuesday, February 12, 2013. Brother Scruggs was a Fall 1982 initiate of Eta Rho Chapter, Western Kentucky University. Brother Scruggs is the first cousin of Brother Alan D. Benson (Rho Eta 1988). Brothers from across the country shared in the Omega Service that was held on Sunday, February 17th, 2013 at St Stephen Church, 1018 South 15th St. Louisville, KY.
· Brother William E. Smith, Jr. was a 1956 initiate of the Delta Xi Chapter, Central State University and a member of the Alpha Lambda Chapter. Brother Smith’s Omega Service was conducted at 8:00PM on Wednesday, November 6, 2013 at A.D. Porter and Sons Funeral Home, 1300 West Chestnut Street, Louisville, Kentucky 40203.
· Brother Derek A. Fulson made his Omega Chapter transition on Saturday, November 30, 2013. Brother Fulson was a Spring 2000 initiate of the Epsilon Chi Chapter, University of Kentucky. Brother Fulson was Alpha Lambda's primary curator for its centennial exhibit during the 2011 Midwestern Regional Convention. Derek also served with distinction as the Kentucky District Executive Director (2009 – 2011). Derek was multi talented, resourceful and a dear friend to many. Brother Fulson’s Omega Service was held at 8:00PM on Friday, December 6, 2013 at St. Stephen Church, 1018 S. 15th St., Louisville, KY 40210.
· Brother Samuel G. Eubanks, II made his transition to the Omega Chapter on Wednesday, December 11, 2013. Brother Eubanks was initiated into the House of Alpha at Chi Chapter, Meharry Medical College and practiced medicine in the Commonwealth of Kentucky for nearly 40 years. Brother Eubanks’ Omega Service was conducted at 7:30PM on Monday, December 16, 2013, at A.D. Porter & Sons Funeral Home, 1300 W. Chestnut St., Louisville, KY 40203.
Thank you Brothers, for helping us honor the lives of our departed Brothers. Your engagement and participation in each Omega Service serves as a visible reminder to each family that we truly are our Brothers’ Keeper.
'Farewell Dear Brothers, transcendent art thou, thy spirits shall dwell with us now. We cherish thy mem'ries, thy good names we'll revere, to thy glory, thy honor, Brothers, dear.'
- Brother Charles A. Dixon, Jr.